Charlie and the Shawneetown Dame: Love and Madness in the Roaring Twenties by Donald Bain (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £14.27+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £8.70Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 25 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a true story, this is an account of one of the turf wars waged during Prohibition. Donald Bain captures turbulent Southern Illinois during the Roaring Twenties, and chronicles Birger's journey from charismatic leader with delusions of grandeur to the harsh reality of hand-to-hand combat, to his demise as a dupe of a far cleverer enemy.
- Author BiographyDonald Bain, a Purdue University graduate, is the author or ghostwriter of more than 80 books, including the best selling Murder, She Wrote series of original murder mystery novels based upon the popular TV show. His books include mysteries, comedies, investigative journalism, westerns, biographies, historical romances, and Mafia novels. Bain currently lives in North Salem, New York.
- Author(s)Donald Bain
- PublisherPurdue University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationWest Lafayette
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPurdue University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.