Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.98
- £7.29Trending at £11.06
- £16.71Trending at £19.98
- £43.58Trending at £48.57
- £12.95Trending at £17.02
- £8.24Trending at £11.46
- £10.01Trending at £15.86
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of remarkable proofs that are exceptionally elegant, and thus invite the reader to enjoy the beauty of mathematics.
- Author BiographyClaudi Alsina received his BA and Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Barcelona. His postdoctoral studies were at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. As Professor of Mathematics at the Technical University of Catalonia, Claudi has delivered a wide range of research papers, publications and lectures on mathematics and mathematics education. His latest books include Associative Functions (co-authored with M. J. Frank and B. Schweizer, WSP, 2006) and Math Made Visual (co-authored with Roger B. Nelsen, MAA, 2006). Roger B. Nelsen received his BA in Mathematics from DePauw University and his Ph.D. from Duke University in 1969. He taught mathematics and statistics at Lewis and Clark College for forty years before his retirement in 2009. His previous books include Proofs Without Words (MAA, 1993) and An Introduction to Copulas (Springer, 1999).
- Author(s)Claudi Alsina,Roger B. Nelsen
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication31/10/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDolciani Mathematical Expositions
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Note269 b/w illus. 3 tables 149 exercises
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.