CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- Author(s)Andrzej Trzebski,Helmut Acker,Ronan G. O'Regan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note224 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight832 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Molecular and Ionic Mechanisms of Chemoreception and Chemotransduction.- Transmitter Dynamics in the Carotid Body.- Does an Inward-Rectifying K Channel Regulate Type-I Cell Response to Hypoxia?.- Selective Effect of Reduced Extracellular pH on Potassium Channels in Type-I Cells from the Neonatal Rat Carotid Body.- Calcium Channel Activation and Neural Output during Hypoxic Chemotransduction in the Carotid Body.- Involvement of Na+:H+ and Na+:Ca++ Antiporters in the Chemotransduction of Acidic Stimuli.- The Action of Carbon Dioxide in Central and Peripheral Chemoreceptors.- Respiratory Responses to Common Carotid Occlusion in the Rat: Evidence for Involvement of Adenosine.- Participation of cAMP in Low pO2 Chemotransduction in the Carotid Body.- Lectin Histochemistry on Carotid Body Tissue in Normoxic and Long-Term Hypoxic Rats.- 2. Arterial Chemoreceptors - Biochemistry and Electrophysiology.- Phosphorescence and Fluorescence Imaging: New Tools for the Study of Carotid Body Function.- Erythropoietin-Associated Antigen in the Human Carotid Body.- Efferent Innervation of the Carotid Body and Carotid Sinus in the Guinea Pig.- The Catecholamine Metabolism in Rat Carotid Body: Is there Any Efferent Regulation during Long Term Hypercapnia?.- Are Chemoreceptor Neurons Dopaminergic?.- Biochemical Analysis of Neutral Endopeptidase Activity of the Cat Carotid Body.- Analysis of Chemoreceptor Responses to Tachykinins in Rats. Cats and Rabbits.- Influence of Hypercapnia on Rabbit Intrapulmonary Neuroepithelial Bodies: Microfluorimetrical and Morphometrical Study.- Neuroepithelial Bodies in the Lungs of Bombina Orientalis (Boul.).- Messenger RNAs for Neuropeptides in Primary Sensory Neurons of the Petrosal Ganglion in Rat.- Role of EDHF, PGI2, and Norepinephrine in Hypoxic Vasorelaxation and Vasoconstriction.- 3. Arterial Chemo0Receptors in Physiological and Experimental Conditions.- Oxygen Supply in the Fetal and Newborn Lamb Carotid Body.- The Cardiovascular Response to Systemic Hypoxia in the Cat: The Role of the Renin-Angiotensin System.- Effects of Hypoxia in Developing Swine.- The Effect of Prolonged Stimulation on Afferent Activity of the Goat Carotid Body.- Effect of Deep Peroneal Nerve Stimulation on the Carotid Chemoreceptor Afferent Discharges in Rabbits.- Different Methods of Analysis to Study Oscillations of Peripheral Arterial Chemoreceptor Discharges in the Anaesthetized Cat.- Peripheral Chemoreflex Control of Sympathetic Nerve Activity.- Responses of Sympatho-Adrehal Medullary System to Hypoxia and Hypercapnia in Anesthetized Artificially Ventilated Rats.- 4. Arterial Chemoreceptors -Reflex Mechanisms in Exercise and Hypoxia.- Respiratory Modulation of Cardiovascular Responses to Stimulation of Carotid Chemoreceptors and Other Receptors.- Nonlinearities and Chaos-Like Control of Respiration during Square Wave Pulse Train Hypoxic Stimulation of the Carotid Body Chemoreceptors.- Chemoreceptor Control of Organ Vascular Resistance during Acute Systemic Hypoxia.- Electromyogram of the Transversus Abdominis Expiratory Muscle during Chronic Hypoxia in Awake Ponies.- Breathing Pattern Characteristics and Survival Time during Severe Hypoxia in Cats.- CO2 Chemoreflex in Spinal Man.- Transient Ventilatory Responses to Carbon Dioxide Inhalation and to Exercise in Man.- Possible Involvement of Peripheral Chemoreceptor Mechanism in Bradycardia Observed during Breath Holding with Supramaximal Exercise.- Importance of Arterial Chemoreceptors for Cardiorespiratory Responses to Static Exercise in Man.- 5. Almitrine and Arterial Chemoreflexes.- Ultrastructure of Type-I Cell Mitochondria in the Rat Carotid Body Following Chronic Oral Administration of Almitrine Bismesylate.- Carotid Chemosensory Stimulation by Sulfhydryls and Almitrine is not Mediated by Tissue Hypoxia.- The Dopamine Turnover in Rat Carotid Body under Chronic Almitrine Treatment: Effects of Sinus Nerve Transection and Sympathectomy.- Attenuation of Chemoexcitation Induced b
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.