All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its humble beginnings as a fur-trading outpost, Chicago has become one of the foremost centers of world finance and trade. Beginning with an overview of the city's commercial development, this book considers how key industries shaped - and were shaped by - both the local and global economies.
- Author BiographyJanice L. Reiff is associate professor of history at the University of California, Los Angeles. She is coeditor, with James R. Grossman and Ann Durkin Keating, of The Encyclopedia of Chicago, also published by the University of Chicago Press.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note23 halftones, 7 maps, 1 line drawing
- Weight676 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJanice L. Reiff
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.50
- £17.25Trending at £25.00
- £9.85Trending at £10.66
- £16.99Trending at £18.09
- £7.78Trending at £8.38
- £12.34Trending at £13.28
- £12.76Trending at £13.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.