All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.69
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £7.65Trending at £7.92
- £9.85Trending at £11.86
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chieftain Main Battle Tank was the heaviest armoured and armed tank used in modern flashpoint wars such as the Iran-Iraq War, Bosnia and the Gulf War. This manual explores the design, development and operation of the tank, one of the most influential vehicles used in modern warfare.
- Author BiographySimon Dunstan is a well-established author, film maker and photographer in the field of military history, with several titles already published with Osprey. He specialises on the subject of armoured warfare, a field on which he has been writing for two decades. His books have covered topics such as helicopter and armoured warfare in Vietnam, the Challenger main battle tank. The British Guards and armoured warfare in Korea. Simon lives and works in London. Peter Sarson has produced graphic cutaways for many armoured vehicle publications, and is regarded as one of the world's great illustrators of military vehicles. Peter lives and works in Dorset, UK.
- Author(s)Simon Dunstan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/09/2003
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 80
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note7 colour & 40 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight166 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Sarson
Most relevant reviews
- fifles201005 Nov, 2016by
A well written and researched book
I am ex army and chieftain trained and now build scale models for a hobby, this book is ideal for reference.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.