All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book compares ways in which children's rights in, to, and through education, formal and informal, are viewed and implemented in a variety of social and political contexts, aiming to shed light on how policies and practices can improve equal access to high quality education in an environment which is respectful of children's rights.
- Author BiographyBeth Blue Swadener earned her PhD at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is currently Professor of Justice and Social Inquiry and Associate Director of the School of Social Transformation at Arizona State University. Her research focuses on cross-national policy studies in early childhood, particularly in Africa, with emphasis on children's rights and participation. Laura Lundy is Professor of Education Law and Children's Rights at Queen's University, Belfast, where she earned her PhD and qualified as a barrister. She is currently Director of the Centre for Children's Rights (www.qub.ac.uk/ccr). Janette Habashi is Associate Professor of Human Relations at the University of Oklahoma, with a PhD from Kent State University. Her research with children and Indigenous populations examines socialization, national identity, political participation/resistance, and children's rights-based approaches in policy and research. Natasha Blanchet-Cohen is Assistant Professor in Applied Human Sciences at Concordia University and holds a PhD from the University of Victoria. As an applied researcher on community youth development for over 15 years, she focuses on young people's agency and embedding youth decision-making into practice.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleRethinking Childhood
- Series Part/Volume Number48
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byBeth Blue Swadener,Janette Habashi,Laura Lundy,Natasha Blanchet-Cohen
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.22
- £4.39Trending at £4.76
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £9.01Trending at £9.62
- £26.68Trending at £27.22
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.