All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is it like to be a Westerner teaching political philosophy in an officially Marxist state? Why do Chinese sex workers sing karaoke with their customers? And why do some Communist Party cadres get promoted if they care for their elderly parents? This title provides an account of Chinese culture and debunks various stereotypes.
- Author BiographyDaniel A. Bell is professor of political theory at Tsinghua University in Beijing. His books include Beyond Liberal Democracy and East Meets West (both Princeton).
- Author(s)Daniel A. Bell
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.43Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.