All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.38Trending at £4.76
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £8.96Trending at £9.58
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
- £14.88Trending at £15.37
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight438 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJanet S. Gaffney,Jerome L. Packard,Wenling Li
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
- Table Of ContentsPreface. Acknowledgements. Part I: Theoretical Perspectives on Learning to Read. 1. Current Issues in Learning to Read Chinese; O.J.L. Tzeng. 2. Children's Early Understanding of Writing and Language: The Impact of Characters And Alphabetic Orthographies; K.F. Miller. Discussion: Translations and Transitions in Learning to Read; H. Zhang. Part II: Role of Metalinguistic Awareness in Chinese Reading. 3. Phonological Awareness in Chinese Reading; I. Taylor. 4. The Role Of Morphological Awareness in Learning to Read Chinese; W.E. Nagy, et al. 5. Facets of Metalinguistic Awareness that Contribute to Chinese Literacy; Wenling Li, et al. Discussion: Metalinguistic Awareness as a Critical Construct; J.L. Packard. Part III: Wide Reading and the Development of Chinese Literacy. 6. Book-Based Programs in Developing Countries; W.B. Elley. 7. Shared-Book Reading in China; R.C. Anderson, et al. 8. Morphological Instruction and Teacher Training; Xinchun Wu, et al. 9. Children's Literature in the People's Republic of China: Its Purposes and Genres; B. Yun-Ying Louie, D. H. Louie. Discussion: Supporting the Reading Instruction and Learning of Chinese Children; R. Barr. Part IV: Factors in Home Literacy. 10. The Role of Home-Literacy Environment in Learning to Read Chinese; Hua Shu, et al. 11. Writing Systems and Learning to Read in a Second Language; K. Koda. Discussion: Variables Associated with Learning to Read in Chinese; E. Mcclure. Author Index. Subject Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.