All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionWill disaster ensue if it pursues its present course towards self-destruction and despoliation of the environment? While recognising that our survival is threatened by the imbalance between human immaturity and technological achievement, the message of this classic is that man-made evils have a man-made cure.
- Author BiographyArnold Toynbee (1889-1975), CH, was Professor of International History at the University of London until his retirement in 1955. His major published work was A Study of History, which appeared in successive volumes from 1934 to 1961. Daisaku Ikeda (1928-) is the President of Soka Gakkai International, a lay Buddhist organisation with millions of adherents in over 190 countries throughout the world. He is the author of over 80 books on Buddhist themes, and received the United Nations Peace Award in 1983.
- Author(s)Arnold Toynbee,Ikeda Daisaku
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication24/10/2007
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleEchoes and Reflections Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight712 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Paginationxii, 349
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.