Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £1.39+ £3.00 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by robdvdshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionAustralian comedian Eric Bana is Mark Chopper Read, a legendary criminal who wrote his best-selling autobiography, FROM THE INSIDE, while serving a murder sentence in prison. Beginning in the blue-washed light of a maximum security Melbourne prison, Chopper establishes his dominance with the impulsive knifing of a fellow prisoner. Vaccillating between violence and regret, Chopper apologises to his victim, but his good mate Jimmy (Simon Lyndon) later retaliates against Chopper in an excruciating contract stabbing, rife with sexual tension. Finally released from prison, the heavily-tattooed Chopper has lost the better part of both of his ears, as well as the ability to make any distinction between his own made-up stories and reality. At a nightclub with his prostitute girlfriend, Tanya (Kate Beahan), he runs into Neville (Vince Colosimo), an old victim who limps from the attack but glitters in drug-funded gold. In his paranoia, Chopper connects rumours of a new contract on his life to Neville, Tanya, and his old mate Jimmy, to whom he pays a visit and discovers a man rotting from drug abuse. Alternately wickedly funny and grotesque, CHOPPER gives no easy answer to the question of Chopper Read's motives, but his method is clear, 'Ya bash people for no reason, just to get a name for yourself'.
- Video Trailer
- Leading Role 1Eric Bana
- Director 1Andrew Dominik
- Leading Role 2Simon Lyndon
- Leading Role 3David Field
- Additional Roles byKate Beahan
- ProducerMichael Gudinski,Michele Bennett
- ScreenwriterAndrew Dominik
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2002
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time90 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- rbs66red25 May, 2012by
I really enjoyed the Chopper movie. Highly recommended for all aficionados of black humor and a bit of violence, and let's face it - who isn't? Eric Bana does a great job portraying Read.
- nataliedykes19 Dec, 2011by
banging film (chopper)
i got this film for my partners bday as he loves it brilliant film from a brilliant seller!!!!!!! would recomend to b watched
- tiaemriye25 Oct, 2011by
amazing insight into someones life xxxx
amazing quality film, exciting and intresting would recomened to any one, for any one who loves ganster, documentrey's films, a bit of gore and trilla would be your type of film
- tracy2101tracy11 Oct, 2011by
I was really happy when I found out I won it for my son !!
I got it for my son hes got the book + now he is going to have the film !!!+ he will really enjoy watching it !!! + I got it at a bargain price !!!
- stage1motorcycl...03 Oct, 2011by
Awesome and great value- one for reveiwing again and again.
Having seen this recently I decided it was a film that needed to be watched more than once to catch all of those all important details, this is for those who like Guy Ritchie films, I know it's not one of his but as a low budget film it more than makes up for budget with it's one liners and aussie patter. Not to be watched by children and those of a sensitive nature, or those easily offended. It's close to being my favourite movie, but snatch is funnier!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £10.99Trending at £18.80
- £5.99Trending at £10.49
- £4.99Trending at £6.99
- £54.99Trending at £87.72
- £19.20Trending at £20.47
- £24.85Trending at £26.56
- £10.99Trending at £13.63