All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides choral music educators with an introduction to directing choirs and managing choral programs at the middle-school through high-school level. This book offers step-by-step advice on designing and administering a choral program, and helps instructors develop a personal philosophy of music education.
- Author BiographySteven M. Demorest is a professor of Music Education at the University of Washington, where he conducts the Men's Glee Club and teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in choral music methods, research methods, and the psychology of music. In 2007, he received the Weston H. Noble award for outstanding contributions to choral music from Luther College, his alma mater. He is the author of Building Choral Excellence: Teaching Sight-Singing in the Choral Rehearsal, published by Oxford University Press, and the editor of a series of lectures by Weston Noble, Creating the Special World, published by GIA. Dr. Demorest's research interests include singing accuracy, sight-singing pedagogy, cross-cultural musical understanding, and the application of neuroimaging techniques to music research. His scholarly work has been published in Music Perception, NeuroImage, Journal of Research in Music Education, Music Educators Journal, and many other publications. A nationally known clinician, he has lectured at the American Choral Directors Association National Conference, The Music Educators National Conference, and at many state and regional ACDA and MENC conferences. Dr. Demorest holds a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, an M.M. in Choral Conducting from Westminster Choir College, and a B.A. in music from Luther College. Barbara A. Brinson is an associate professor of Music Education at the State University of New York at Fredonia, where she directs the University Chorus, Women's Choir, and teaches choral conducting, choral methods, and foundations courses. Dr. Brinson served for 14 years on the music faculty of Southern Methodist University in Dallas and taught choral and general music in the Georgia public schools for 10 years at the elementary through high-school levels. She has directed choirs at all levels in both schools and churches. Brinson has served as director of the Intermediate Choir of the Chautauqua Children's Chorale; held the position of Repertoire and Standards Chairperson for Youth and Student Activities for New York American Choral Directors Association (NYACDA); and served on the editorial staff of the Journal of Research in Music Teacher Education. She has written articles for publications such as the Choral Journal, Music Educators Journal, and General Music Today. A frequent clinician at conventions, conferences, and schools, she also is very active as a guest conductor and as an adjudicator at choral festivals. Her professional affiliations include National Association for Music Education, ACDA, Sigma Alpha Iota, Pi Kappa Lambda and NYSSMA. Dr. Brinson received her Ph.D. in Music Education from Florida State University, an M.M. in Choral Conducting from the University of Tennessee, an M.Ed. in Music Education from Columbus State University, and a B.M. in Music Education from Wesleyan College.
- Author(s)Barbara A. Brinson,Steven M. Demorest
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, printed music items
- Weight644 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £5.80Trending at £7.17
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.