All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers practical, comprehensive coverage of chronic pelvic pain and dysfunction accompanied by a range of video clips on a bonus DVD. This book provides anatomical descriptions of the structures relevant to the genesis of pelvic pain followed by perspectives on the neurological basis of pain, including the influence of psychophysiology.
- Author BiographyLeon Chaitow ND DO is an internationally known and respected osteopathic and naturopathic practitioner and teacher of soft tissue manipulation methods of treatment. He is author of over 60 books, including a series on Advanced Soft Tissue Manipulation (Muscle Energy Techniques, Positional Release Techniques, Modern Neuromuscular Techniques) and also Palpation Skills; Cranial Manipulation: Theory and Practice; Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Practitioner's Guide to Treatment, and many more. He is editor of the peer reviewed Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, that offers a multidisciplinary perspective on physical methods of patient care. Leon Chaitow was for many years senior lecturer on the Therapeutic Bodywork degree courses which he helped to design at the School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster, London, where is he now an Honorary Fellow. He continues to teach and practice part-time in London, when not in Corfu, Greece where he focuses on his writing. Dr Ruth Lovegrove Jones combines the disciplines of international research, writing and education alongside her role as a clinician. She is the author of over 20 peer reviewed articles and is a reviewer for a number of medical journals. She has given over 30 keynote or invited presentations at interdisciplinary meetings in 15 countries and provides professional education in pain, pelvic floor and movement sciences to medical and health practitioners. She has worked in private practice for the last 20 years, establishing a multidisciplinary clinic for pain management, sports medicine and pelvic floor rehabilitation working with elite athletes as well as the more sedentary type. She has a particular interest in chronic pain & the management of complicated pain patients who've been there...done that . She was awarded a PhD from University of Southampton, UK working collaboratively with a team of urologists, physicists and engineers at Stanford University, California, USA to evaluate the dynamic function of the pelvic floor muscles in women using 2D ultrasound and novel image processing methods.
- Author(s)Dr. Ruth Lovegrove Jones,Leon Chaitow
- PublisherElsevier Health Sciences
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurchill Livingstone
- Content NoteApprox. 420 illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and DVD
Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £115.09Trending at £123.58
- £8.68Trending at £10.31
- £14.08Trending at £14.00
- £6.92Trending at £7.28
- £8.85Trending at £8.96
- £20.72Trending at £23.94
- £23.94Trending at £26.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.