All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a thought-provoking depiction of Hollywood film as a contested terrain between conservative and liberal forces Films and documentaries discussed include: Black Hawk Down, The Dark Knight, Star Wars, Syriana, WALL-E, Fahrenheit 9/11 and other Michael Moore documentaries, and many more.
- Author BiographyDouglas Kellner is George Kneller Chair of Philosophy of Education at UCLA. He is the author of many books on social theory, politics, history, and culture, including Camera Politica: The Politics and Ideology of Contemporary Hollywood Film , co-authored with Michael Ryan, and Media Spectacle and the Crisis of Democracy . He is the co-editor of Media and Cultural Studies Keyworks (Wiley-Blackwell 2006). Kellner's most recent book is Guys and Guns Amok: Domestic Terrorism and School Shootings from the Oklahoma City Bombings to the Virginia Tech Massacre . His website is at www.gseis.ucla.edu/faculty/kellner/kellner.html.
- Author(s)Douglas Kellner
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2009
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight574 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.