All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published at the end of 2004, this book effectively anticipated current concerns about climate change. It most significantly outlined the central role of cities in contributing to energy consumption, as well as their future vulnerability, particularly with the onset of the current rate of sea-level rises.
- Author BiographyHerbert Girardet is a leading author on sustainable development. He is a recipient of UN Global 500 Award for outstanding environmental achievements, and an honorary fellow of The Royal Institute of British Architects,. He has produced 50 documentaries on human environmental impacts all over the world. He has been a consultant to many clients, including UN Habitat, the Greater London Authority. The London Development Agency and the Corporation of London, and the cities of Adelaide and Vienna. He is Director of Programmes at the World Future council and a consultant to Arup on the development of the Chinese eco-city Dongtan.
- Author(s)Herbert Girardet
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2008
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight850 g
- Width175 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £97.50Trending at £102.94
- £36.57Trending at £38.28
- £61.99Trending at £64.48
- £43.28Trending at £61.99
- £23.71Trending at £30.51
- £24.98Trending at £27.86
- £21.97Trending at £22.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.