All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables, 8 black & white halftones, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight473 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid Satterthwaite,Sheridan Bartlett
- Table Of ContentsPreface David Satterthwaite 1. Urbanization, development and the Sustainable Development Goals David Satterthwaite and Sheridan Bartlett 2. Understanding Risk in the Context of Urban Development: Definitions, Concepts and Pathways Arabella Fraser, Mark Pelling and Bill Solecki 3. Bangalore, India Aromar Revi, SP Gajjar, Amir Bazaz, Garima Jain and Ritwika Basu 4. Bangkok. Thailand Shobhakar Dhakal and Ashish Shrestha 5. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Robert Kiunsi 6. Durban, South Africa Debra Roberts , Derek Morgan , Sean O'Donoghue , Lisa Guastella , Nongcebo Hlongwa and Penny Price 7. London, United Kingdom Sari Kovats, Mark Pelling, Markella Koniordou, Jorn Birkmann and Torsten Welle 8. Manizales, Colombia Jorgelina Hardoy and Luz Stella Velasquez Barrero 9. Mexico City, Mexico Fernando Aragon-Durand and Gian Carlo Delgado-Ramos 10. New York, United States of America William Solecki, Cynthia Rosenzweig, Stephen Solecki, Lesley Patrick, Radley Horton and Michael Dorsch 11. Rosario. Argentina Jorgelina Hardoy , Vanessa Herrera and Daniela Mastrangelo 12. Cross city analysis Sheridan Bartlett, David Satterthwaite, Debra Roberts, Jan Corfee-Morlot, David Dodman and Jorgelina Hardoy 13. Conclusions on ways forward David Satterthwaite, Sheridan Bartlett, Debra Roberts, David Dodman, William Solecki, Alice Sverdlik and Mark Pelling
- Author BiographySheridan Bartlett is a research associate at the Children's Environments Research Group at CUNY Graduate Center in New York, USA. She works primarily on issues of urban poverty as they affect children in low income countries, bridging the gaps between the work of child-focused agencies and the broader development context. David Satterthwaite is a senior fellow at the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) and a Visiting Professor at University College London, UK. He was a coordinating lead author of the chapter on urban areas in the IPCC's Fifth Assessment (Working Group II) and contributed to the IPCC's Third and Fourth Assessments.
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.