All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese essays explore the diverse, unexpected and controversial ways in which the idea of civil society has entered into populist politics and public debate throughout Africa. It shows how struggles over civil society reveal much about larger historical forces in the post-Cold War era.
- Author BiographyJean Comaroffis the Bernard E. and Ellen C. Sunny Distinguished Service Professor of Anthropology and director of the Chicago Center for Contemporary Theory at the University of Chicago. John L. Comaroff is the Harold W. Swift Distinguished Service Professor of Anthropology at the University of Chicago and a senior research fellow at the American Bar Foundation. Both are also honorary professors at the University of Cape Town.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2000
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note8 halftones, 1 table
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJean Comaroff,John L. Comaroff
- Edition Statement2nd
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.