All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDocuments the iconic Class 37 locomotive.
- Author BiographyAndrew Walker was born in Barnsley in 1962 and grew up in close proximity to the Penistone branch and to the Class 37s that operated over the line on daily trip workings to and from Wath up to the mid-1980s. He began photographing railways in 1978 and has contributed to many railway publications including a number featuring the Woodhead route, which he photographed extensively during its closing years.
- Author(s)Andrew Walker
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleClass Locomotives
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Most relevant reviews
- alas_alla07 Nov, 2016by
Great pictures of great loco's.
A very nice book with some great pictures, mostly in colour, and giving brief information about each. Class 37s were always a favourite with me during the 70s, and although most of the book is "after my time", I still enjoyed it. My only disappointment is that South Wales, the spiritual home of the class, is barely featured: this is an oversight, and no book on 37s is complete without them on the many coal and steel trains in the south of the Principality, and on the legendary TMD's and stabling points.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.35
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £4.43Trending at £4.87
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £22.20Trending at £23.30
- £14.54Trending at £15.43
- £23.93Trending at £24.68