All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrevailing scholarship on migration tends to present migrants as the objects of history, subjected to abstract global forces or to concrete forms of regulation imposed by state and supra state organizations. In this volume, by contrast, the focus is on migrants as the subjects of history...
- Author BiographyWinnie Lem is Professor of International Development Studies at Trent University, Canada. Her research focuses on the political economy of migration between Asia and Europe, as well as agrarian change. Her publications include Cultivating Dissent: Work, Identity and Praxis in Rural Languedoc (SUNY Press, 1997); and Culture, Economy, Power: Anthropology as Critique; Anthropology as Praxis (SUNY Press, 2002) [co-edited with Belinda Leach]. She has also published in American Ethnologist, Critique of Anthropology and Focaal: European Journal of Anthropology. Pauline Gardiner Barber is Associate Professor of Anthropology at Dalhousie University, Canada. Her research explores class and gender dynamics associated with Philippine migration, citizenship and development. Recent articles on Filipinos as global migrants appear in Berghahn, Blackwell, SUNY and Routledge volumes, as well as journals such as the Third World Quarterly, Focaal: European Journal of Anthropology and Anthropologica. She is co-editor of the Ashgate Press series Gender in a Global/Local World.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleDislocations
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight529 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byProfessor Pauline Gardiner Barber,Winnie Lem
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.83Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.