All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fully revised second edition of this successful volume includes updates on the latest archaeological research in all chapters, and two new essays on Greek and Roman art. It retains its unique, paired essay format, as well as key contributions from leading archaeologists and historians of the classical world.
- Author BiographySusan E. Alcock is Director of the Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology and the Ancient World and Professor of Classics, Anthropology and Archaeology at Brown University. Her recent books include Archaeologies of the Greek Past: Landscape, Monuments and Memory (2001) and Side-by-Side Survey: Comparative Regional Analysis in the Mediterranean Region (with John F. Cherry, 2004). Robin Osborne is Professor of Ancient History at the University of Cambridge and Fellow of King's College. His recent books include Archaic and Classical Greek Art (1998), Greek Historical Inscriptions 404 323 B.C. (with P. J. Rhodes, 2003), Greek History (2004), Athens and Athenian Democracy (2010) and The History Written on the Classical Greek Body (2011).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/2012
- Series TitleWiley-Blackwell Studies in Global Archaeology
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width171 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRobin Osborne,Susan E. Alcock
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.