Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £5.83Trending at £8.10
- £7.34Trending at £8.98
- £8.99Trending at £17.81
- £8.16Trending at £9.83
- £7.06Trending at £7.68
- £10.19Trending at £10.91
- £6.99Trending at £13.68
About this product
- DescriptionThrough alphabetically arranged entries on some 60 rhetoricians, this volume chronicles the history and legacy of ancient rhetoric. It includes entries on figures such as: Aristotle; Augustine; Boethius; Cicero; Cornelia; Diogenes of Sinope; Diotima of Mantinea; Heraclitus; Homer; Hypatia; Isocrates; Plato; Socrates; and others.
- Author BiographyMICHELLE BALLIF is Associate Professor of English and Director of the Franklin College Writing Intensive Program at the University of Georgia. Her work has appeared in such journals as Rhetoric Review, Rhetoric Society Quarterly, and JAC, and she is the co-editor of Twentieth-Century Rhetoric and Rhetoricians (Greenwood, 2000). MICHAEL G. MORAN is Graduate Coordinator and Associate Professor of English at the University of Georgia. His many books include Research in Composition and Rhetoric (1984), Research in Technical Communication (1985), Research in Basic Writing (1990), Eighteenth-Century British and American Rhetorics and Rhetoricians (1994), and Twentieth-Century Rhetoric and Rhetoricians (2000), all available from Greenwood Press.
- Date of Publication30/03/2005
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight758 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMichael G. Moran,Michelle Ballif
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.