All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.24
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £6.06Trending at £6.39
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
- £6.52Trending at £6.87
- £6.75Trending at £7.03
About this product
- DescriptionNeurotherapy, sometimes called EEG biofeedback and/or neurobiofeedback involves techniques designed to manipulate brain waves through non-invasive means and are used as treatment for a variety of psychological and medical disorders. This book introduces specific techniques, related equipment and necessary training for the clinical practitioner.
- Author BiographyDr. James Evans is licensed in clinical and school psychology. Following graduation with a bachelor's degree in education, and a tour of duty in the U.S. Army, he taught in a public high school. Later he earned a master's degree in psychology. After working for three years at a state hospital and a county mental health center, he attended Peabody College of Vanderbilt University where he received a Ph.D. degree in psychology. He was on the faculty of the Psychology Department at the University of South Carolina for thirty years, and is retired from that position. He has completed postdoctoral work in neuropsychology at the University of California at San Francisco, the University of Georgia and the Medical College of Georgia. For over thirty years he also has maintained a successful private practice involving working with children and adults in hospital, school, prison, and private office settings. He has expertise in psychological, neuropsychological and psychoeducational assessment, as well as years of experience in psychotherapy and neurotherapy. He is the author of thirty-five journal articles and five book chapters, and editor or co-editor of eight psychology-related books, including Rhythm in Psychological, Linguistic and Musical Processes, published in 1986. Presently he is self-employed as a psychologist at the Sterlingworth Center in Greenville, SC.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight970 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDavid S. Cantor,James R. Evans
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.