All listings for this product
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.34Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.12Trending at £8.12
About this product
- DescriptionJohn James is one of the most highly respected poets of his generation. In this volume all his major works are gathered together from Mmm ... Ah Yes (1967) to Schlegel Eats a Bagel (1996). In addition, a number of hard to obtain poems are also reprinted, including A Former Boiling (1979) and The Ghost of Jimi Hendrix at Stokesay Castle (1988).
- Author BiographyJohn James was born 1939 in Cardiff and educated by the De La Salle Brothers at Saint Illtyd's College there. He left in 1957 to read Philosophy and English Literature at the University of Bristol and later undertook postgraduate studies in American Literature at the University of Keele. He was a founder of The Resuscitator in Bristol in 1963 and Arts Council Creative Writing Fellow, University of Sussex, 1978-79. He was Head of Communication Studies at Anglia Polytechnic University, Cambridge. He won a Cholmondeley Award in 2014.
- Author(s)John James
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication30/09/2002
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationApplecross, WA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2002
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Reading AgeFrom 16 To 99
- Interest AgeFrom 16 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.