All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough collective emotions have a long tradition in scientific inquiry, for instance in mass psychology and the sociology of rituals and social movements, their importance for individuals and the social world has never been more obvious than in the past decades. This book is the first in many years to explore this fascinating and timely topic.
- Author BiographyChristian von Scheve is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Freie Universitat Berlin, where he heads the Research Area Sociology of Emotion at the Institute of Sociology. He is also affiliated to the Research Cluster Languages of Emotion at Freie Universitat and appointed Research Professor at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), Berlin. Previously, he was Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University of Vienna and a Fellow of the Research Group Emotions as Bio-Cultural Processes at the Center for Interdisciplinary Research (ZiF) at Bielefeld University. He studied Sociology, Psychology, Economics, and Political Science at the University of Hamburg, where he obtained his doctorate in Economics and Social Sciences. He works in the sociology of culture and stratification as well as in economic sociology and social psychology and focuses on the manifold intersections of culture, society, and emotion. Mikko Salmela is an Academy Research Fellow at the Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies and a member of Finnish Center of Excellence in the Philosophy of Social Sciences. He worked as a Visiting Researcher at the University of Texas at Austin in 2001-2002 and at the Ludwig Maximilians University Munich in 2006-2007. Salmela studied Philosophy and Political History at the University of Helsinki where he obtained his doctorate in Social Sciences. His postdoctoral and subsequent research has focused on the philosophy of emotions from an interdisciplinarily informed perspective. In particular, he addresses questions about the nature and justification of emotions, both individual and collective about the relation of emotions, values, and identity and about the roles of collective affective phenomena in the structure and dynamics of social groups.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSeries in Affective Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, colour plates
- Weight1006 g
- Width176 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byChristian von Scheve,Mikko Salmella
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £13.53Trending at £13.78
- £4.41Trending at £4.53
- £25.98Trending at £28.18
- £8.94Trending at £9.26
- £14.54Trending at £15.21
- £23.93Trending at £24.69
- £10.78Trending at £11.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.