Save on a similar product
Shop for a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the success of the second edition, this truly accessible textbook comprehensively covers the 2008 AS and A2 level Biology specifications for all the main UK exam boards.The book also has a companion website which is free to book users providing extra resources.
- Author BiographyMike Boyle is Head of Biology at Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College (one of the largest Sixth Form Colleges in the UK with over 2500 students). He is also a former examiner for AQA. Mike has 26 years' experience of teaching A-level and has written 12 successful A-level textbooks for HarperCollins and 4 GCSE textbooks. Kathryn Senior worked as a biomedical research scientist for five years before joining a scientific publishing company working on educational science textbooks. After four years in-house, she embarked on a freelance editing and writing career. In the last 15 years, she has written 10 popular science books for children. As an academic science writer, she also writes regular news articles and features for several journals, including The Lancet Infectious Diseases, The Lancet Oncology and Frontiers, the Journal of the Ecological Society of America and contributes research highlights articles to the various Nature Clinical Practice journals. Kathryn has also worked on writing projects for Macmillan Cancer Relief, the Physiological Society, the Guardian educational publishing division, the European Life Sciences Organisation, the European Commission and the BBC.
- Author(s)David Boyle,Kathryn Senior,Mike Boyle
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication20/06/2008
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Educational
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports. (some col.)
- Weight2000 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- katy.may.noble01 Nov, 2013by
A great Biology book brilliant for studies.
This is a great A level Biology book. Coming in handy for my studies. Would definately recommend. There are some other biology books for A level which can be difficult to understand, this book explains well. It is well written and layed out.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06