All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work examines the artistic production of imperial nations and their colonies and aims to show how it was affected by colonial contact. It also presents case studies of objects from India, China and Africa which were collected by or exhibited in the institutions of the British Empire.
- Author BiographyTim Barringer is a lecturer in History of Art at the University of Birmingham, following earlier positions at Birbeck College, University of London and the Victoria and Albert Museum, London. Tom Flynn is a freelance art historian and writer. He is currently completing a book on sculpture and the body.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/1997
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleMuseum Meanings
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 line figures, 50 b&w photographs, bibliography, index
- Weight703 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byTim Barringer,Tom Flynn
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £4.94Trending at £5.25
- £10.25Trending at £11.41
- £6.16Trending at £6.48
- £11.36Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £13.87
- £9.95Trending at £12.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.