All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing archival sources and private documents recently unearthed, Come Back to Portofino chronicles the journey taken by volunteers in the 6th South African Armoured Division. From training camps in Egypt through to the blissful summer of 1945 the 'Div' left its mark on towns and villages across Italy.
- Author BiographyJames Bourhill was schooled at St John's College in Johannesburg, and went on to do national service in an equestrian unit in 1973. His tertiary education began at Cedara College of Agriculture, after which he worked on farms in Rhodesia and North America before returning to Rustenburg where he still lives today, although he spends as much time as possible at his second home in the South of France. By profession he is a property valuer, but in following his passion for history, read for a D. Phil at the University of Pretoria. His first book, Come Back to Portofino: Through Italy with the 6th South African Armoured Division, was published in 2011, followed by Deveron to Devastation: Brother Officers of the 7th Royal Inniskilling Fusileers in the First World War, a biographical work published in 2014.
- Author(s)James Bourhill
- Publisher30 Degrees South Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Imprint30 Degrees South Publishers
- Content Note120 b/w photos, maps
- Weight965 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.