All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining America s houses and cityscapes, its rural outbuildings and landscapes from perspectives including cultural geography, decorative arts, architectural history, and folklore, these articles reflect the variety and vibrancy of the growing field of vernacular architecture.
- Author BiographyDell Upton is an assistant professor of architectural history at the University of California at Berkeley. He is the author of a forthcoming book, Holy Things and Profane: Anglican Parish Churches in Colonial Virginia. John Michael Vlach is professor of American studies and anthropology and director of the Folklife Program at George Washington University. He is the author of Charleston Blacksmith, The Afro-American Tradition in Decorative Arts, and Back of the Big House: The Architecture of Plantation Slavery.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/01/1986
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight1247 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byDell Upton,John Michael Vlach
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £97.50Trending at £102.94
- £53.00Trending at £61.89
- £23.71Trending at £30.47
- £21.97Trending at £23.11
- £11.70Trending at £12.10
- £4.80Trending at £5.23
- £8.95Trending at £9.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.