All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionWith the support of excellent contributors, Pam James and Barbara Douglas help students to learn to develop the skills and knowledge required to work effectively with a range of common presenting issues in psycotherapeutic practice, from anxiety to borderline personality disorders.
- Author BiographyBarbara Douglas is a Chartered and Registered Counselling Psychologist. She is Registrar for the British Psychological Society's Qualification in Counselling Psychology and has a private practice in Edinburgh. Barbara previously taught Counselling Psychology at the University of the West of England and prior to that was Director of the North West Centre for Eating Disorders. She is co-editor of the third edition of the Sage Handbook of Counselling Psychology and has particular interest in the histories of both psychology and psychiatry. Barbara was honoured to receive the BPS Professional Practice Board's Practitioner of the Year Award in 2011 and is a former Chair of the Division of Counselling Psychology. Pam James is a Chartered and HCPC Registered Counselling Psychologist and a Registered Psychologist Specialising in Psychotherapy (Senior Practitioner). She has been Chair of the BPS Qualification in Counselling Psychology and twice Chair of the BPS Division of Counselling Psychology. She held lecturing and management posts at Liverpool John Moores University over 25 years where she was awarded Professor of Counselling Psychology in 2000. She worked in NHS Adult Mental Health for 10 years; currently she has a private practice in Southport. Her doctoral thesis was in learning and she remains interested in the learning process per se, including the process of change whilst in the therapeutic relationship.
- Author(s)Barbara Douglas,Pam James
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2013
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight363 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.