All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the context of the 'global war on terror', the issue of security has come to affect more and more intimate elements of people's everyday lives. This is the starting point of this interdisciplinary collection, which focuses on how the line between security and insecurity is negotiated through changing concepts of 'community' and 'citizenship'.
- Author BiographyPAT NOXOLO is Lecturer in Human Geography in the Department of Geography at Loughborough University, UK. Her research interests surround the nexus between security, identity and postcoloniality. JEF HUYSMANS is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Politics and International Studies (POLIS) at the Open University, UK. His research centres on the political significance of security practice in Western societies, the securitization of immigration, asylum and refugees, and the politics of fear and exception.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/06/2009
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight410 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDr. Patricia Noxolo,Jef Huysmans
Best selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £34.64Trending at £34.83
- £8.50Trending at £10.79
- £6.23Trending at £6.78
- £7.94Trending at £8.28
- £8.85Trending at £8.94
- £12.86Trending at £13.67
- £9.29Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.