All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/08/2012
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight578 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCaroline S. Clauss-Ehlers,Mark D. Weist
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
- Table Of ContentsForeword. James Garbarino Section 1. Foundations 1. Introduction: Advancing Community Involvement and Planning to Promote Resilience in Youth from Diverse Communities. Caroline S. Clauss-Ehlers and Mark D. Weist. 2. A Brief History of Resilience: From Early Beginnings to Current Constructions.R. Fox Vernon. 3. Re-Inventing Resilience: A Model of 'Culturally-Focused Resilient Adaptation.' Caroline S. Clauss-Ehlers. Section 2. Promoting Resilience in Diverse Communities. 4. Sacred Spaces: The Role of Context in American Indian Youth Development. Teresa LaFromboise, and Lisa Medoff. 5. Risk and Resilience in Latino Youth. Rafael Art. Javier and Alina Camacho-Gingerich. 6. Building Strengths in Inner City African-American Children: The Task and Promise of Schools. R. Dwayne LaGrange. 7. Resilience in the Asian Context. Grace Wong. 8. Risk and Resilience during the Teenage Years for Diverse Youth. Edith G. Arrington and Melvin N. Wilson. 9. A Global Perspective on Youth Outreach. Hawthorne E. Smith and Adeyinka M. Akinsulure-Smith. Section 3: Areas of Special Need. 10. Responses to Terrorism: The Voices of Two Communities Speak Out. Caroline S. Clauss-Ehlers, Olga Acosta, and Mark D. Weist. 11. Environmental Factors that Foster Resilience for Medically Handicapped Children. Jeannette M. Maluf. 12. Fostering Resilience among Youth in the Juvenile Justice System. Kimberly T. Kendziora and David M. Osher. 13. Clinical and Institutional Interventions and Children's Resilience and Recovery from Sexual Abuse. Carolyn Moore Newberger and Isabelle M. Gremy. 14. School Strategies to Prevent and Address Youth Gang Involvement. Sharon Hoover Stephan, Stephen Mathur, and Celeste C. Owens. 15. Promoting Resilience in Military Children and Adolescents. Michael E. Faran; Mark D. Weist, Diane A. Faran, and Stephen M. Morris. Section 4: Promising Resilience Promoting Developments. 16. Applying Research on Resilience to Enhance School-Based Prevention:The Promoting Resilient ChildrenInitiative. Peter A. Wyman and Jason Barry. 17. Educational Resilience in Life's Second Decade: The Centrality of Student Engagement. Richard De Lisi. 18. Enhancing Child and Adolescent Resilience through Faith-Community Connections. Celeste C. Owens, Tanya N. Bryant, Sylvia S. Huntley, Elizabeth Moore, Tom Sloane, Alvin Hathaway, and Mark D. Weist. 19. A Whole-School Approach to Mental Health Promotion: The Australian MindMatters Program. Elizabeth Mullett, Steven W. Evans, and Mark D. Weist. 20. Home, School, and Community: Catalysts to Resilience.Mickey C. Melendez and Saundra Tomlinson-Clarke. 21. Enhancing Student Resilience Through Innovative Partnerships. Jennifer Axelrod, Joanne Cashman, Steven Evans, James Koller, Edwin Morris, Carl Paternite, Kay Rietz, and Mark D. Weist . 22. Resilience-Building Prevention Programs that Work: A Federal Perspective. Charles G. Curie, Paul J. Brounstein, and Nancy J. Davis.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.46Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.