All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £21.40Trending at £21.63
- £21.94Trending at £25.41
- £27.33Trending at £29.83
- £5.75Trending at £10.67
- £21.72Trending at £22.09
- £13.51Trending at £13.67
- £10.42Trending at £13.50
About this product
- DescriptionDesign competitions are a core mechanism of the architectural world. They offer architects unique opportunities to pitch for work, and the careers of many name architects have been made by winning an important competition -- Richard Rogers, Renzo Piano, Dominique Perrault and Jean Nouvel to name but a few.
- Author BiographyG Stanley Collyer, PhD, editor of Competitions magazine, was a founding member of The Competition Project, Inc., a non--profit making organisation which functions as a clearing house for information on design competitions in the US and abroad. Besides serving on competition juries and acting as a consultant to competition sponsors, he has participated on panels and written on the subject of affordable housing. A member of an AIA Task Force on design competitions in the 1990s, he recently wrote the competition brief and was a juror for a cultural/convention centre for the city of Resistencia, Argentina, in collaboration with Florida International University.
- Author(s)G. Stanley Collyer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2004
- Series TitleArchitecture in Practice
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), plans
- Weight690 g
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.