All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Leah Platt Boustan
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2016
- GenreEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNational Bureau of Economic Research Publications
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note15 line illus. 14 tables.
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments xiii Introduction 1 1 Black Migration from the South in Historical Context 14 2 Who Left the South and How Did They Fare? 39 3 Competition in Northern Labor Markets 65 4 Black Migration, White Flight 93 5 Motivations for White Flight: The Role of Fiscal/Political Interactions 122 Epilogue: Black Migration, Northern Cities, and Labor Markets after 1970 154 References 165 Index 187
- Author BiographyLeah Platt Boustan is professor of economics at the University of California, Los Angeles, and a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.