CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number546
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note175 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byEdwin L. Cooper,Nobuo Yamaguchi
- Edition Statement2004
- Table Of ContentsThe Urgent Need for Evidence-Based CAM in the World.- Beginnings.- I. National Approaches to CAM.- 1. Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Japan.- 2. New Scientific Approach for Natural Medicine: Examples of Kampo Medicine.- 3. The Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Taiwan-Past, Present and Future.- 4. Quality Requirements for Herbal Medicinal Products in Europe.- 5. Integrating Medical Knowledge: Old Roots and a Modern Science-Based Approach at the University of Milan.- II. CAM Approaches to Specific Diseases and Biomedical Conditions.- 6. Identification of Diseases that may be Targets for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).- 7. Complementary and Alternative Medicine during HIV Infection.- 8. A Polyherbal Formulation for a Wide Spectrum of Reproductive Tract and Sexually Transmitted Infections.- 9. Anticancer Therapeutic Potential of Soy Isoflavone, Genistein.- 10. Chinese Medicine and Immunity.- 11. Testing Efficacy of Natural Anxiolytic Compounds.- 12. Alternative Approaches to Pain Relief during Labor and Delivery.- 13. Alternative and Comparative Medicine in Dentistry.- III. Physical Intervention: Touch, Hydrotherapy, Sound.- 14. Methodological Concerns when Designing Trials for the Efficacy of Acupuncture for the Treatment of Pain.- 15. Treatment for Atopic Dermatitis by Acupuncture.- 16. Hydrotherapy can Modulate Peripheral Leukocytes: An Approach to Alternative Medicine.- 17. Music Therapy, Wellness, and Stress Reduction.- 18. Music Therapy, a Future Alternative Intervention against Diseases.- IV. Dietary Intervention in Specific Diseases.- 19. Diet Instruction for Japanese Traditional Food in Therapy for Atopic Dermatitis.- 20. Kampo Therapy for Adult Atopic Dermatitis by Dieting and Herbal Medications: Evaluating the Disappearance of Disease Phases.- 21. Management of Nutritional and Health Needs of Malnourished and Vegetarian People in India.- V. Basic Science: Future Approaches to Novel Molecules for CAM.- 22. Cultural Heritage: Porifera (Sponges), A Taxon Successfully Progressing Paleontology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Biomedicine.- 23. Earthworms: Sources of Antimicrobial and Anticancer Molecules.- 24. What Can We Learn from Marine Invertebrates to be Used as Complementary Antibiotics?.- 25. Nervous, Endocrine, Immune Systems as a Target for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.- VI. Education and Philosophy.- 26. Scientific Thinking: Its History, Methods, and Advantages.- 27. Glycome: A Medical Paradigm.- VII. Abstracts.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.