All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleThe IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number124
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight403 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byLisa J. Fauci,Shay Gueron
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
- Table Of ContentsForeword * Preface * Fluid mechanics of ciliary propulsion * The role of cyclic nucleotide pathways and calmodulin in ciliary stimulation * A numerical method for simulating fast-swimming motions * A fluid-structure interaction model of ciliary beating * Energetic considerations of ciliary beating * Fluid dynamics of animal appendages that capture molecules: Arthropod olfactory antennae * Cartesian grid methods for fluid flow in complex geometries * Computed simulations of ciliary and flagellar motility using teh geometric clutch model can replicate a variety of experimental conditions * A one-dimensional fluid dynamic model of the systemic arteries * Hydrodynamics of liquid capsules enclosed by elastic membranes * Unsteady aerodynamics of two dimensional insect flight
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.