All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Nayef Ghasem
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note473 black & white illustrations, 48 black & white tables
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Table Of ContentsThermodynamics and Fluid-Phase Equilibria Introduction Boiling Point Calculations Dew Point Calculation Vapor Pressure Correlations Relative Volatility Equations of State Physical Properties Fluid Flow in Pipes, Pumps, and Compressors Flow in Pipes Fluid Flow in Pumps Fluid Flow in Compressors Material and Energy Balance Introduction Material Balance without Reaction Material Balance on Reactive Processes Energy Balance without Reaction Energy Balance on Reactive Processes Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers Introduction Design of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Boilers and Condensers Reactor Design Introduction Plug Flow Reactor Packed-Bed Reactors Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor Distillation Column Introduction Separation of Binary Components Multicomponent Distillation Column Diameter Gas Absorption Introduction Packed-Bed Absorber Number of Theoretical Stages Number of Theoretical Stages Using Graphical Technique Packed-Bed Column Diameter Packed-Tower Height Number of Theoretical Trays Sizing a Plate Tower Absorber Liquid-Liquid Extraction Introduction Material Balance Process Simulation Introduction Appendix A: POLYMATH Software Appendix B: E-Z Solve Software Appendix C: MATLAB/Simulink Appendix D: Nonlinear Regression of Experimental Data Appendix E: Microsoft Visio Appendix F: General Process Modeling and Simulation (gPROMS) Index Problems and References appear at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyNayef Ghasem is an associate professor of chemical engineering at the United Arab Emirates University. A member of the Institute of Chemical Engineers and the American Chemical Society, Dr. Ghasem has published primarily in the areas of modeling and simulation, bifurcation theory, polymer reaction engineering, and advanced control of polyethylene and polystyrene polymerization processes.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £5.34Trending at £6.00
- £12.10Trending at £13.36
- £10.87Trending at £11.71
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £6.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.