CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionComputer simulations have become a central tool for scientific practice. Their use has replaced, in many cases, standard experimental procedures. This goes without mentioning cases where the target system is empirical but there are no techniques for direct manipulation of the system, such as astronomical observation.
- Author BiographyJuan M. Duran holds a BSc in Computer Science and a BA and an MA in Philosophy, both from the Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina. In 2009, he joined the Institute of Philosophy at the University of Stuttgart and the Stuttgart Research Center for Simulation Technology (SRC SimTech) as a research assistant. In recent years, he has visited and studied at different universities, including the University of Virginia and the Tilburg Centre for Logic and Philosophy of Science. He is currently finishing his PhD on the explanatory value of computer simulations at the University of Stuttgart and at SRC SimTech. Eckhart Arnold has studied Political Science, Public Law and Philosophy in Bonn. After working for several years in the development of E-learning methods in Public Policy teaching, he completed a PhD in Philosophy at the University of Dusseldorf with a study on simulation-based explanations of the emergence of altruism in natural and social evolution. Since his PhD, he has held positions as scientific assistant in the Philosophy and Economics program of the University of Bayreuth, and as Post-Doc in the Stuttgart Research Center for Simulation Technology (SRC SimTech) at the University of Stuttgart. Presently, he works as a lecturer at the University of the Applied Sciences in Coburg.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byEckhart Arnold,Juan M. Duran
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.