CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Computing in the 90's: The First Great Lakes Computer Science Conference, Kalamazoo Michigan, USA, October 18-20, 1989, Proceedings by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 1991)
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
- £13.83Trending at £19.88
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/06/1991
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.507
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1430 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byElise de Doncker,John A. Kapenga,N. A. Sherwani
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsComputational complexity of geometric symmetry detection in graphs.- Low dimensional middle cubes are Hamiltonian.- Approximation algorithms for the chromatic sum.- A color-exchange algorithm for exact graph coloring.- S-distance in trees.- Algorithms on block-complete graphs.- Heuristic-based learning.- A template-based approach for recognition of intermittent sounds.- A mathematical model of uncertain information.- A word to phoneme translator.- Performance evaluation of medical expert systems.- Spelling correction for an intelligent tutoring system.- An informational network for a natural talking system.- Formation of categories in document classification systems.- An expert system for creativity management.- A more flexible method for recognizing signals using back propagation: Piecewise linear regression vectors.- A cooperative algorithm for the dynamic stereo problem.- Design of hierarchical classifiers.- Designing and implementing parallel constructs.- Performance of parallel consistency algorithms.- Delay analysis of the N-cube network.- A note on Conway's parallel sorting algorithm.- Visualization of program performance on concurrent computers.- Minimum odd neighbourhood covers for trees.- Cascading LZW algorithm with huffman coding: A variable to variable length compression algorithm.- Dendrograms and irreducible prefix codes.- Massively parallel implementations of adaptively subdividing fractal generating algorithms with parameter extensions.- A simple and powerful representation of binary search trees.- Random permutations from logarithmic signatures.- Novel design techniques for RNS systolic VLSI arrays.- A compound decision theory approach to digital signal reconstruction.- Real-time parameter control in space vehicles: A parallel architecture and the protocols.- A microinstruction based procedure to diagnose hardware failures in industrial robots.- A specification and verification tool for communication protocols.- Structured on-line directory and file organization.- Genetic algorithms and the search for optimal database index selection.- An object-based approach to the specification of office entities.- Lexical acquisition for lexical databases.- A search for good lattice rules based on the reciprocal lattice generator matrix.- An adaptive numerical integration algorithm for simplices.- The HK singular value decomposition of rank deficient matrix triplets.- Approximate integration using iterated Levin transformations.- Recent advances in shape preserving piecewise cubic interpolation.- Structured graph models: An efficient tool for VLSI design.- A stochastic algorithm for circuit bi-partitioning.- An optimal channel-routing algorithm for a restricted class of multi-terminal nets.- Correct and provably efficient methods for rectilinear Steiner spanning tree generation.- A three-phase task scheduling scheme in a hard real-time distributed environment.- A broadcast protocol: Functional properties and specification.- Leader election in distributed computing systems.- A new approach to system-level fault-tolerance in message-passing multicomputers.- A functional language with classes.- Using ML as a command language.- An interactive system for generating hospital progress notes.- Biological evolution as a paradigm for performance driven design processes.- Predicting chemical reactions with a neural network.- Mutation and recombination effects on the adaptability of sexual and asexual organisms.- Logical structure of neurobiological information processing.- Development of an experimental setup for studying parallel processing.- Compiler course with a semi-challenging project.- Report on a PC based system designed to enhance the teaching of IBM 370 assembly language.- Teaching the spirit of computational science.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.