All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a delicious journey back in time to witness the golden age of the concours d'elegance. Over fifty coachbuilders are represented in the photographs and an index is provided.
- Author BiographyPatrick Lesueur, born in the quiet village of Brunoy on the outskirts of Paris in 1952, has motoring in his blood. His grandfather, a personal friend of Gabriel Voisin and Andr? Citro\u00ebn, was C?sar Marchand, who between 1925 and 1937 broke some 85 per cent of all existing endurance records. After graduating from the Beaux-arts in Paris in 1970, Patrick began drawing illustrated strips for the popular magazine Pilote. He remained with that company until the mid-1980s, producing some fifty books. In the 1990s Patrick started writing for classic car magazines, with particular emphasis on American cars, especially the products of the Ford Motor company -- he owns a 1952 Lincoln Capri hardtop. However, most of the twenty books he has written for French publisher etai have been about popular French cars.David Burgess-Wise is the author of over 30 motoring books, including specially commissioned centennial histories of Daimler and Vauxhall, as well as this book. He has translated major works on Delage, Amilcar, Bugatti and the Swiss Grand Prix. A member of the advisory council of BritainAEs national Motor Museum, he edits Aston, the award-winning journal of the Aston Martin heritage trust and is a regular contributor to the leading antique car magazine The Automobile. His enthusiasm for French cars is reflected in his ownership of a skiffbodied 1926 Delage Diss and a 1903 de Dion-Bouton.David Burgess-Wise is a well-known motoring writer with a particular interest in early vehicles. He has a regular column in The Automobile magazine. He lives in west Essex.
- Author(s)Patrick Lesueur
- PublisherDalton Watson Fine Books
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- GenreRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLoughborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDalton Watson Fine Books
- Content Note200 mono photographs
- Weight1565 g
- Width240 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.81Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.