All listings for this product
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.70Trending at £10.57
- £9.19Trending at £9.37
- £6.27Trending at £7.69
- £8.77Trending at £9.25
- £7.79Trending at £8.15
- £4.00Trending at £6.81
- £7.53Trending at £8.07
About this product
- DescriptionOvid expressed the truth that to change is to survive, and this message erupts out of the poems in Condition of Fire-composed in the Aeolian Isles, and influenced by Ovid's tales-whose language and images strive to communicate in new ways the essential elements of myth, creation and the burning breath of being.
- Author BiographyJL Williams was born in New Jersey and studied at Wellesley College and on the MLitt in Creative Writing at the University of Glasgow. Since moving to Edinburgh in 2001 she has been active both as a poet and in the performing arts as a director and producer. She was awarded a grant from the Scottish Arts Council for a poetry collaboration entitled chiaroscuro pentimenti with composer Martin Parker and artist Anna Chapman. In 2009, the Edwin Morgan Travel Bursary from the Scottish Arts Trust allowed her to travel to the Aeolian Isles where she wrote the poems that would become her first collection, Condition of Fire.
- Author(s)J.L. Williams
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.