All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyses the ubiquitous housing, land and property challenges present in all conflict and post-conflict settings.
- Author BiographyScott Leckie is the Founder and Director of Displacement Solutions, an organization dedicated to resolving cases of forced displacement throughout the world. He also recently founded and directs the charitable organization Oneness World that supports small research and other projects promoting global citizenship and peaceful and evolutionary ways of building a post-nation-state world. He is also the founder of the Centre on Housing Rights and Evictions (COHRE), an organization he headed from 1991 to 2007. Leckie has written and/or edited nine books and more than 175 articles and reports on issues including housing rights; economic, social and cultural rights; forced evictions; the right to housing and property restitution for refugees and internally displaced persons; and other human rights themes. Chris Huggins is an academic and researcher/activist specializing in the relationships between land rights, violent conflict and post-conflict development, particularly in Africa. He spent the last decade working in Eastern and Central Africa for the African Centre for Technology Studies (ACTS), an intergovernmental organization, and consulting with several major non-governmental organizations, including the Africa Peace Forum, Associates for Rural Development (ARD), CARE International, the Centre for Housing Rights and Evictions (COHRE), Displacement Solutions, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the Forest People's Programme, Human Rights Watch and the Interchurch Organization for Development Co-operation (ICCO), among many others.
- Author(s)Chris Huggins,Scott Leckie
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 table
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £5.34Trending at £6.00
- £12.10Trending at £13.36
- £10.87Trending at £11.71
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £6.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.