All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Eric Shanes
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/07/1989
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleModern Masters
- Series Part/Volume NumberVol 12
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations (some colour); portraits
- Weight668 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 7 1. Early Life and Work 11 2. Maturity 15 3. The Natural World 29 4. The Human World 51 5. The Beginning of the World 73 6. The Avenue of Heroes 83 7. The Final Years 99 Artist's Statements 105 Notes on Technique 109 Chronology 117 Exhibitions 120 Public Collections 123 Selected Bibliography 124 Index 127
- Author BiographyA painter, art historian, and lecturer on the history of modern art, Eric Shanes is also the author of Impressionist London and seven important books on Joseph Mallord William Turner.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £43.28Trending at £43.80
- £7.26Trending at £8.66
- £23.71Trending at £30.62
- £2.99Trending at £5.21
- £4.80Trending at £5.25
- £8.95Trending at £9.34
- £19.93Trending at £21.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.