All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing real-world illustrations and case summaries, this book explains the complexities of the US Constitution and the criminal justice system.
- Author BiographyChristine Hess Orthmann holds an M.S. in criminal justice from the University of Cincinnati and has been writing and researching in various aspects of criminal justice for over 20 years. She is the author of numerous Cengage Learning textbooks, a former reserve officer with the Rosemount (Minnesota) Police Department, and a member of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS), the American Society of Criminology (ASC), the Text and Academic Authors Association (TAA), and the National Criminal Justice Honor Society (Alpha Phi Sigma). Jon Kingsbury, JD, has been with the Minneapolis (Minnesota) Police Department since 1995. Most of his career has been spent in uniform, both as a patrol officer and a supervisor. In addition to his time in uniform, he has experience as a department physical fitness instructor, defense tactics coordinator, field training officer, SWAT team supervisor, and in-service trainer. Lt. Kingsbury received a BA from the University of Minnesota and a JD from Hamline University School of Law, graduating magna cum laude. He has taught college courses in report writing and criminal procedure, and has acted as a law enforcement consultant in the areas of use of force and search and seizure. He is a member of several organizations, including the Minnesota State Bar Association, the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association, and the National Tactical Officers Association. The late J. Scott Harr worked in various areas of the law for 30 years. He was the Chief Law Enforcement Officer and Public Safety Director for a suburb of the Twin Cities and served as a police officer for two other cities prior to that. In addition, he served as a firefighter and emergency medical technician. Licensed as a lawyer, police officer, and private investigator, he taught at Normandale Community College, Metropolitan State University, and Concordia University. The late Karen Matison Hess, PhD, wrote extensively in law enforcement and criminal justice, gaining a respected reputation for the consistent pedagogical style around which she structured each textbook. She co-authored multiple editions of MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION, JUVENILE JUSTICE, and INTRODUCTION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE in addition to CONSTITUTIONAL LAW AND THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM; much of her work and influence remains unchanged in this new edition.
- Author(s)Christine Hess Orthmann,J. Harr,Jonathan Kingsbury,Karen Hess
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- GenreNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1200 g
- Width210 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.