All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the formative influence of the works of John Ruskin in defining and developing cultural tourism, this book describes and assesses their effects on the 'tourist gaze' ('where to go and what to see', and how to see it) as directed at landscape, scenery, architecture and townscape, from the early Victorian period onwards.
- Author BiographyKeith Hanley is Professor of English Literature at Lancaster University where he directed the former Ruskin Centre for eight years. He has written monographs on Wordsworth and Ruskin, has edited many essay collections on nineteenth-century indisciplinarity, including, with Greg Kucich, Nineteenth-Century Worlds: Global Formations Past and Present (Routledge, 2008), and co-edits, with David Thomas, the quarterly journal Nineteenth-Century Contexts. John K. Walton is an IKERBASQUE Research Professor in the Department of Contemporary History in the University of the Basque Country, based in Bilbao. He previously held chairs at Lancaster University, the University of Central Lancashire and Leeds Metropolitan University. He has published extensively on histories of regions, identities, resorts and tourism, especially in Britain, Spain, Belgium, France and the United States, and he contributes to debates on the role of history and 'heritage' in the regeneration of coastal resorts.
- Author(s)John K. Walton,Keith Hanley
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleTourism and Cultural Change
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 25
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight365 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £21.00Trending at £27.98
- £39.99Trending at £42.22
- £35.99Trending at £36.52
- £12.89Trending at £15.51
- £8.81Trending at £14.95
- £13.86Trending at £15.98
- £26.88Trending at £28.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.