CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionContemplating Shostakovich marks an important new stage in the understanding of Shostakovich and his working environment. Each chapter covers aspects of the composer's output in the context of his life and cultural milieu. This invaluable collection offers remarkable new insight, in both depth and range.
- Author BiographyAlexander Ivashkin was a professional cellist with an international career. He was Professor of Music, Director of Classical Performance and Director of the Centre for Russian Music at Goldsmiths, University of London. He recorded over forty award-winning CDs on Chandos, Naxos and BMG, and published books on Penderecki, Ives, Schnittke and Rostropovich. Andrew Kirkman is Peyton and Barber Professor of Music at the University of Birmingham. As a musicologist, he specializes in music of the fifteenth century, and his book The Cultural Life of the Early Polyphonic Mass: Medieval Context to Modern Revival was recently published. He is an active performer of music from the fifteenth to the twentieth century, and his Renaissance vocal ensemble, 'The Binchois Consort', has to date recorded nine highly-acclaimed discs on the Hyperion label.
- Author(s)Professor Andrew Kirkman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 4 b&w illustrations and 84 music examples
- Weight740 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMr Alexander Ivashkin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.