All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- GenreLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleContemporary Applied Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight791 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDina Tsagari,Jayanti Veronique Banerjee
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction, Dina Tsagari & Jayanti Banerjee Section I: Key Theoretical Considerations 1. Modelling Communicative Language Ability: Skills and Contexts of Language Use, Lin Gu 2. Presenting Validity Evidence: The Case of GESE, Dianne Wall 3. A New National Exam: A Case of Washback, Doris Frotscher 4. Linking to the CEFR: Validation Using a Priori and a Posteriori Evidence, Ying Zheng & John de Jong Section II: Assessment of Specific Language Aspects 5. Authentic Texts in the Assessment of L2 Listening Ability, Elvis Wagner 6. The Role of Background Factors in the Diagnosis of SFL Reading Ability, Ari Huhta, J. Charles Alderson, Lea Nieminen, and Riikka Ullakonoja 7. Understanding Oral Proficiency Task Difficulty: An Activity Theory Perspective, Zhengdong Gan 8. Principled Rubric Adoption and Adaptation: One Multi-method Case Study, Valerie Meier, Jonathan Trace and Gerriet Janssen 9. The Social Dimension of Language Assessment: Assessing Pragmatics, Carsten Roever Section III: Issues in Second Language Assessment 10. Applications of Corpus Linguistics in Language Assessment, Sarah Cushing Weigle and Sarah Goodwin 11. Setting Language Standards for International Medical Graduates, Vivien Berry and Barry O'Sullivan 12. Fairness and Bias in Language Assessment, Norman Verhelst, Jayanti Banerjee & Patrick McLain 13. ACCESS for ELLs: Access to the Curriculum, Jennifer Norton and Carsten Wilmes 14. Using Technology in Language Assessment, Haiying Li, Keith T. Shubeck, and Arthur C. Graesser 15. Future Prospects and Challenges in Language Assessments, Sauli Takala, Gudrun Erickson, Neus Figueras, and Jan-Eric Gustafsson Index
- Author BiographyDina Tsagari is Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics/TEFL in the Department of English Studies at University of Cyprus Jayanti Veronique Banerjee is Research Director at CAMLA, USA
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.