All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContent Delivery in Mobile/Wireless Internet presents a combined view of content and wireless technologies. It focuses not only on the latest technology enablers for speedier content delivery in the mobile Internet, but also on how to integrate them to provide workable end-to-end solutions.
- Author BiographySudhir S. Dixit received his Ph.D. degree in EE from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland. He also received an M.B.A. degree from Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Florida. Dr. Dixit is currently a Senior R&D; Manager and a Site Manager at Nokia Research Center in Burlington, Massachusetts. His main areas of interest are mobile/wireless Internet, optical networks, and content delivery networks. He has held various engineering and management positions at major companies, e.g., Verizon, GTE, Motorola, Wang, Harris, and STL (now Nortel Europe Labs). He has published or presented over 150 papers and has 27 patents either granted or pending. He has been a Technical co-Chair and a General Chair of the IEEE International Conference on Computer, Communications and Networks, a Technical co-Chair of the SPIE Conference Terabit Optical Networking, a General Chair of the Broadband Networking in the Next Millennium Conference in 2001, and a General co-Chair of the OptiComm 2002 conference. He has also been an ATM Forum Ambassador since 1996. He has served as a guest editor in IEEE Network, IEEE Communications Magazine, and Optical Networks Magazine published by SPIE/Kluwer. He has been a Lightwave Series editor of the IEEE Communications Magazine, and is currently on the editorial board of the newly announced IEEE Optical Communications Magazine. He is also on the Editorial Board of the Wireless Personal Communications Journal, the International Journal on Wireless and Optical Communications, and the Journal of Communications and Networks. Tao Wu is a Senior Research Engineer at Nokia Research Center in Burlington, Massachusetts, leading Nokia's research effort in content delivery since 1999. Tao has published more than ten papers in the areas of mobile content networking, quality of service and human machine interaction, and holds several pending patents. He is a technical program committee member of the IEEE International Conference on Communications 2003. Tao received his master and bachelor degrees from Rice University and Tsinghua University respectively.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight932 g
- Width164 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited bySudhir Dixit,Tao Wu
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
- £9.54Trending at £11.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.