All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book argues that power struggles between internal and diasporic elites play a central role in building political agendas that shift national borders. It takes Albania as the primary case study, examining how the understanding of the Albanian nation has taken on different geographical borders over time and among different communities.
- Author BiographyIlir Kalemaj is Assistant Professor of Political Science and International Relations at the University of New York Tirana. He is the author of Sources of Irredentism in Foreign Policy: Understanding Kin Policies in the Aftermath of Communism in Serbia and Albania (2009) and has published journal articles and book chapters on ethnic conflict, nationalism, identity politics, democratization and European integration. In addition to his academic research, he has published short stories and poetry and is a frequent contributor to the Albanian press.
- Author(s)Ilir Kalemaj
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication29/10/2014
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleNationalisms Across the Globe
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note20, Maps, Tables
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.73Trending at £26.56
- £16.77Trending at £20.46
- £20.23Trending at £20.62
- £8.74Trending at £11.76
- £16.12Trending at £17.92
- £10.16Trending at £14.52
- £9.48Trending at £10.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.