Contingent Lives: Fertility, Time and Aging in West Africa by Caroline H. Bledsoe (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £42.59Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by oodals_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £10.98Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by highlandbookcavern
- Est. delivery by 23 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost women in the West use contraception in order to avoid having children. But in rural sub-saharan Africa many women use it for the opposite reason, to have more children. This study of aging and reproduction makes use of ethnographic and demographic data.
- Author BiographyCaroline H. Bledsoe, professor of anthropology at Northwestern University, is the author of Women and Marriage in Kpelle Society and is the coeditor of several books, most recently Fertility and the Male Life Cycle in the Era of Fertility Decline.
- Author(s)Caroline H. Bledsoe
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2002
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleLewis Henry Morgan Lecture Series
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note21 line drawings, 5 tables
- Weight550 g
- Width146 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byAnthony T. Carter
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.