All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContract governance combines insights from governance research and contract theory, covering diverse issues of governance in contract law and practice. This book introduces and develops contract governance as a new approach to contract theory, setting an international and interdisciplinary research agenda for modern contract law.
- Author BiographyStefan Grundmann is Professor of Law at the European University Institute, Florence, where he teaches transnational private law, business law, and legal theory. He also holds a professorship at Humboldt University, Berlin, for private and business law, and has held several international fellowships, currently as Hauser Global Law Professor at New York University. His areas of research interest include general contract law, company law, business law, corporate governance, legal theory, and European Private Law. Born in 1958 in Germany, Stefan Grundmann graduated from the Faculty of Law of Ludwig-Maximilian-University of Munich in 1983, where he also received his two doctorates in Law and in Philosophy. In 1989 he was awarded a Master of Laws (LL.M.) at the University of California (Berkeley). In Halle-Wittenberg he created the first interdisciplinary University curriculum/degree in law and economics. He is co-founder and president of the steering committee of the European Law School. Florian Moslein is Professor of Law at the Philipps University Marburg, where he teaches Contract Law, Company Law, and Capital Markets Law. In addition, he is Schumpeter Fellow at the Munich Centre on Governance (MCG) at Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich. He previously held positions as Professor at the University of Bremen and as Associate Professor at the University of St. Gallen. He has also held several international fellowships, currently at Stanford Law School. His areas of research interest include Corporate Governance, Takeovers and Mergers, and European Private Law. Florian Moslein graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich in 1998, after having received the degree licence en droit at the University of Paris in 1996. He has also studied business administration and graduated in 1997 with the degree Diplom-Kaufmann. In 1999 he was awarded with the LL.M. in International Business Law at the University of London. Professor Karl Riesenhuber is holder of the Chair for Civil Law, German and European Commercial and Economic Law at Ruhr-Universitat Bochum. He previously held positions as Professor at Europa-Universitat Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder) and as assistant lecturer at Cambridge University Faculty of Law. Professor Riesenhuber was Feodor-Lynen Fellow of Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation (1999-2001) and Official Fellow at Wolfson College, Cambridge (2000/2001). He practised law as attorney (Rechtsanwalt) in Berlin at Dr Bezzenberger Law Office from 1995 to 2002. Professor Riesenhuber earned his law degree (Staatsexamen/Referendarexamen) from Albert-Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg i.B. (1990) and a degree of Master of Comparative Jurisprudence from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law (1991). He passed the Assessorexamen in Berlin in 1994.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight884 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byFlorian Moslein,Karl Riesenhuber,Stefan Grundmann
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.59Trending at £10.67
- £15.36Trending at £15.61
- £9.50Trending at £9.56
- £30.00Trending at £34.09
- £11.89Trending at £13.62
- £17.99Trending at £20.95
- £14.99Trending at £24.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.