All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a collection of recipes inspired by not just the flavours and food of the region, but its way of life. This illustrated book features recipes that reflect the changing seasons, from refreshing summer dishes such as Salade Nicoise and Pissaladiere to the warming comfort of Daube en Boeuf and Bouillabaisse.
- Author BiographyAlex Mackay combines a love of food with a passion for teaching. At the age of nineteen he left his native New Zealand for France where he worked in three Michelin-starred kitchens. He visited Provence at every opportunity. In 1992, Alex came to Britain to become the sous-chef at Raymond Blanc's world-famous Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons. He subsequently became the director of Le Manoir's cookery school before setting up Le Baou d'Infer and then going on to head up Delia Smith's cookery workshops in Norwich. Peter Knab studied photography in Germany, specialising in fashion and advertising. When he and his wife Diana decided to look for a holiday retreat in France, they discovered Le Baou d'Infer in Provence, originally an old working farmhouse. Peter was the photographer for his lifelong friend Delia Smith's Summer and Winter Collection cookbooks in the 1990s.
- Author(s)Alex MacKay,Peter Knab
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- GenreNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight822 g
- Width197 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.46Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.